50th Anniversary

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
gazatthebop
Head held high
Posts: 206
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 13:33

Re: 50th Anniversary

Postby gazatthebop » 31 May 2017 20:48

you don't have to pay to read the Times article, just give them any old email address entitles you to two articles a week

gazatthebop
Head held high
Posts: 206
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 13:33

Re: 50th Anniversary

Postby gazatthebop » 31 May 2017 20:48

you don't have to pay to read the Times article, just give them any old email address entitles you to two articles a week

gazatthebop
Head held high
Posts: 206
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 13:33

Re: 50th Anniversary

Postby gazatthebop » 31 May 2017 20:50

Cale was awesome in Liverpool, i thought it was a good show but listening back to Cale its quite amazing, especially "Lady Godiva's operation"

threechordwonder
On the wild side
Posts: 182
Joined: 05 Aug 2008 22:27
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: 50th Anniversary

Postby threechordwonder » 12 Nov 2017 20:11

Cale is taking the 50th anniversary show to New York.

Article from the Guradian here https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/nov/12/velvet-underground-nico-new-york-50-years-john-cale

peppergomez
Head held high
Posts: 307
Joined: 23 Jul 2011 08:58

Re: 50th Anniversary

Postby peppergomez » 16 Nov 2017 04:38

I missed that show by only a few days, bah

marknaveh
Hangin' 'round
Posts: 59
Joined: 15 May 2004 05:57

Re: 50th Anniversary

Postby marknaveh » 18 Nov 2017 17:45

The show is up now on Dime.

marknaveh
Hangin' 'round
Posts: 59
Joined: 15 May 2004 05:57

Re: 50th Anniversary

Postby marknaveh » 18 Nov 2017 17:46

The show is up now on Dime.

User avatar
iaredatsun
Now jelly rolls in the street
Posts: 1235
Joined: 08 Jun 2004 21:38
Location: London, Texas

Re: 50th Anniversary

Postby iaredatsun » 18 Nov 2017 20:27

threechordwonder wrote:Cale is taking the 50th anniversary show to New York.

Article from the Guradian here https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/nov/12/velvet-underground-nico-new-york-50-years-john-cale


'The album was recorded in a rehearsal space in Ludlow Street on the Lower East Side; only Lou Reed on vocals had headphones. '

Poor research from the Guardian writer assigned to the job.
underground, overground

threechordwonder
On the wild side
Posts: 182
Joined: 05 Aug 2008 22:27
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: 50th Anniversary

Postby threechordwonder » 21 Nov 2017 10:47

iaredatsun wrote:Poor research from the Guardian writer assigned to the job.


Well spotted, I missed that.

Cale was persuaded to return to Ludlow Street by the Wall Street Journal in 2013 (back in the pink hair days).

http://www.boweryboogie.com/2013/10/ludlow-apartment-lou-reed-john-cale-formed-velvet-underground/

User avatar
iaredatsun
Now jelly rolls in the street
Posts: 1235
Joined: 08 Jun 2004 21:38
Location: London, Texas

Re: 50th Anniversary

Postby iaredatsun » 21 Nov 2017 18:39

threechordwonder wrote:
iaredatsun wrote:Poor research from the Guardian writer assigned to the job.


Well spotted, I missed that.

Cale was persuaded to return to Ludlow Street by the Wall Street Journal in 2013 (back in the pink hair days).

http://www.boweryboogie.com/2013/10/ludlow-apartment-lou-reed-john-cale-formed-velvet-underground/


So glad I cleaned up my description of the Guardian writer. Has he never heard the album and considered how an album like that could be recorded anywhere but a studio?

I enjoyed the link. But it makes me want more Ludlow/Broom St. demos!
underground, overground


Return to “The Velvet Underground”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests