MAX KANSAS 2CD RELEASE

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
alfredovu
Head held high

MAX KANSAS 2CD RELEASE

Post by alfredovu » 25 Mar 2004 14:28

THE OFFICIAL RHINO / ATLANTIC RELEASE WILL BE SOON AVAILABLE
CHECK THIS ADVANCED PROMO SET FOR FULL DETAILS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... tegory=307

ferges
Site Admin

Post by ferges » 25 Mar 2004 14:48

i do not believe :shock:

Technophallus
Hangin' 'round

Post by Technophallus » 26 Mar 2004 10:57

$50? Who's he kidding?

simonm
Head held high

Post by simonm » 26 Mar 2004 23:35

>who's he kidding?

If it's not scheduled until June, I wouldn't expect it to hit the streets before August, if the delays on previous releases are anything to go by! If I was richer I might be ok w/ paying $50 so I could hear it 6 months early....

Good news anyway! I don't see much rejoicing around here though (come on! Animal Serenade has generated more comment so far) - I like Max's a lot - it was the 2nd alb I bought after the 1st one.

Technophallus
Hangin' 'round

Post by Technophallus » 27 Mar 2004 01:16

I can't wait, August (or later) seems so far away. Should I hold on to the original Max's or will it be totally redundant?

Homme Fatale
Head held high

Post by Homme Fatale » 27 Mar 2004 14:00

simonm wrote:Good news anyway! I don't see much rejoicing around here though (come on! Animal Serenade has generated more comment so far) - I like Max's a lot - it was the 2nd alb I bought after the 1st one.
I think I've always appreciated Max's more than the average VU fan. I really love that album and personally I can not wait to get my paws on the expanded edition!

Chance
Head held high

Post by Chance » 28 Mar 2004 00:43

Technophallus wrote:Should I hold on to the original Max's or will it be totally redundant?
It'll be redundant. I can't see them leaving something off the expanded edition that was on the original release. What you're going to want to hold onto, if you've got it, is Flowers Of Evil, which has all the rehearsals. Looks like Rhino's will only have two of the songs from the rehearsals.

Thrilled to see it's happening, after January passed and we heard nothing of this, I began to think the boat was sunk. Beautiful to know the glitch that kept Joanie Lee off the Deluxe Banana isn't a fatal blow to future releases.

Now then, the other item that was mentioned last year when Sal revealed plans for this Max's project was an expanded edition of the third album. With unreleased stuff, not just the Valentin/Closet mixes. Bring it on! :P
"For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation." - Rainer Maria Rilke

arjan
I'm Set Free

Post by arjan » 28 Mar 2004 13:25

Technophallus wrote:I can't wait, August (or later) seems so far away. Should I hold on to the original Max's or will it be totally redundant?
Well, it seems that Sweet Jane was compiled of the first set's intro and the second set's music, so I guess that one will be "decompiled".

Homme Fatale
Head held high

Post by Homme Fatale » 29 Mar 2004 07:58

Hmph... I always thought and hoped the eventual release would be like a "complete" (or "fully loaded"...) edition of Max's with all the live recordings, and all the rehearsals, all in one package... I mean how much is there exactly - could they not have fitted everything on 2 CDs?

Doctor Bob
Head held high

Post by Doctor Bob » 30 Mar 2004 15:10

I think rejoicing is definitely called for, I think MAX'S is a great album, I much prefer it to both 1969 and the Quine Tapes...love Lou's oh so melancholic introductions and vocals, Sterl's wonderfully bluesy soloing (esp Waiting for the Man), Doug's liberated bass playing (New Age), and Billy's completely full-on drum fills.
So is it true that the set from the record was their last gig and that Lou's parents came to take him back to Long Island after the show? Or is that just a random rumor?