A Day of Listening at the Lincoln Center Library

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
Wick Pick
Hangin' 'round

Re: A Day of Listening at the Lincoln Center Library

Post by Wick Pick » 16 Jul 2019 13:25

The links don't seem to work anymore but previously if you clicked on the link beside each numbered tape it, I wish I could remember what it said, but something like "copywrite unknown" and a further message... bah I can't believe it's not there anymore, I can't remember.

cubguy23
Hangin' 'round

Post by cubguy23 » 16 Jul 2019 15:36

That's weird

iaredatsun
Now jelly rolls in the street

Post by iaredatsun » 16 Jul 2019 22:04

Wick Pick wrote:
16 Jul 2019 13:25
The links don't seem to work anymore but previously if you clicked on the link beside each numbered tape it, I wish I could remember what it said, but something like "copywrite unknown" and a further message... bah I can't believe it's not there anymore, I can't remember.
I seem to remember that there were two ways of getting in. (two different urls.) One was a very good and informative view of the archive, the other not. Could that be it?
underground, overground

cubguy23
Hangin' 'round

Post by cubguy23 » 16 Jul 2019 22:28

There was a way of listening?

iaredatsun
Now jelly rolls in the street

Post by iaredatsun » 16 Jul 2019 22:54

cubguy23 wrote:
16 Jul 2019 22:28
There was a way of listening?
No.
underground, overground

hkmartin
Head held high

Post by hkmartin » 17 Jul 2019 00:04

Not sure what you mean by the "links don't work anymore". As far as I can tell, they work the same way they always did. Linked to the music only if you were physically in the library, otherwise you get a message saying that you can only listen when in the library. Here is one of those links:
Now there were certain listings without links (meaning you could not listen to them, even if you were in the library, to my great disappointment). That does not seem to have changed either.

cubguy23
Hangin' 'round

Post by cubguy23 » 17 Jul 2019 00:51

Ah maybe because it wasn't digitized yet?

Wick Pick
Hangin' 'round

Post by Wick Pick » 17 Jul 2019 01:30

hkmartin wrote:
17 Jul 2019 00:04
Not sure what you mean by the "links don't work anymore". As far as I can tell, they work the same way they always did. Linked to the music only if you were physically in the library, otherwise you get a message saying that you can only listen when in the library. Here is one of those links:
Now there were certain listings without links (meaning you could not listen to them, even if you were in the library, to my great disappointment). That does not seem to have changed either.

Ok yes thank you, that's the page I was thinking of, when I click on the item number beside each tape now and takes me somewhere else.
The statement I was trying to remember is this:

"The copyright and related rights status of this item has been reviewed by The New York Public Library, but we were unable to make a conclusive determination as to the copyright status of the item. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use."

hkmartin
Head held high

Post by hkmartin » 17 Jul 2019 01:46

Also, if you click on the button that says "Learn more about using our Dance Archives," you get an interesting FAQ:
It includes the following language:
Can I purchase copies of moving image or audio materials?

We regret that we are unable to provide copies for private screenings, off-site classroom screenings, or research or personal use. As we do not own all rights in our collections, our moving image and audio recordings are generally not available to be consulted outside the Library’s reading room, nor can they be loaned or sold.

hkmartin
Head held high

Post by hkmartin » 17 Jul 2019 01:54

cubguy23 wrote:
17 Jul 2019 00:51
Ah maybe because it wasn't digitized yet?
If you read earlier in this thread, iaredatsun contacted the library back in April to ask about the missing links. They replied that the materials "should be available with to the public within weeks". Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case.