NEW VU BOOK : "I Met Myself In a Dream...That´s The Story of the Third Album"

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
velvetfan
Head held high

Re: NEW VU BOOK : "I Met Myself In a Dream...That´s The Story of the Third Album"

Post by velvetfan » 18 Jan 2020 19:44

Mike told me they were coming by pallet to the US after the first of the year. It shouldn't be much longer.

MJG196
Born to Lose

Re: NEW VU BOOK : "I Met Myself In a Dream...That´s The Story of the Third Album"

Post by MJG196 » 25 Jan 2020 20:15

velvetfan wrote:
18 Jan 2020 19:44
Mike told me they were coming by pallet to the US after the first of the year. It shouldn't be much longer.
Copies are in the US and will be shipped soon!!!
Bargain bin gold, favorite bands, concerts, photos, and my record collection: All Good Music

Hagbard Celine

Post by Hagbard Celine » 26 Jan 2020 22:04

Finally got the invite to purchase. Stoked to get this in the mail. Before getting it, I can say thank you for the effort! This is one of my favorite lps of all time!

Elephant Man

Post by Elephant Man » 02 Feb 2020 02:26

'I Met Myself In A Dream' landed on my doorstep yesterday. I'll be cracking it open tonight and reading it.
Looking forward to it!

velvetfan
Head held high

Post by velvetfan » 03 Feb 2020 21:51

My book arrived today. FUCKING WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! about 90% of these stunningly clear shots I have never seen before!!!!! Kudos to all involved! stunning! My jaw is still hanging. wow!

MJG196
Born to Lose

Post by MJG196 » 10 Feb 2020 00:29

Absolutely fantastic. Well worth the money and yet another Velvet Forum/VUAS book that goes beyond anything that had been published before.

I LOVE IT!
Bargain bin gold, favorite bands, concerts, photos, and my record collection: All Good Music

logic
On the wild side

Post by logic » 11 Mar 2020 19:58

Ordered mine yesterday, can't wait. Alfredo has posted it the same day. So i'm hoping to get it this week. And, Yes, it's the right adres Alfredo. :wink:

fletchercjohnson
Beginning to see the light

Post by fletchercjohnson » 20 Mar 2020 18:27

What a book! I was excited about it and it exceeded my expectations. I got it just in time for NYC covid-19 lockdown and I’ve been pouring over it for two days. The press coverage is so fun. Photos are high quality. From the weight of the book as I took it out of the box I knew it was serious. This is what I dreamed the S.T. 45th Anniversary edition would be like.

A question for Alfredo/Kostek/Ignacio: What is the story behind the photocopied print on pages 240-245? It’s in with the promotional material so I assume it is somehow related.

Thanks guy. This is the perfect supplement to my favorite album

alfredovu
Head held high

Post by alfredovu » 20 Mar 2020 19:42

Thanks a lot your nice review of our Book!

As for your question about the photocopied pages, i got these stuff when i was working in the Inevitable ... hum more than 10 years ago! If memory serves well it was one of the guys here in the Forum selling at Ebay his 3rd Album Press Kit at that time. As I was unable to afford the winning price i asked for some good pictures of every item within the Kit. These pages were there.

To be honest i had not read those pages since then. Weird stuff as only 3rd album related is the Lester Bang quote at the begging... will check if i have more information in my files