Maureen Tucker Documentary

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
camforrester
Hangin' 'round

Re: Maureen Tucker Documentary

Post by camforrester » 13 Aug 2021 21:41

Thank you peppergomez, I'm really glad you enjoyed it! Makes it all worth it to receive such wonderful feedback...thank you also about my song; VU influence runs deep throughout the entire album I made, but that song in particular was my salut to them all - "Heather Says...Vera Says..." to Lou, The beefy rhythm guitar to Sterl, the etheral Hammond Organ drone & amp feedback at the end to Cale, the melodic bass lines to Doug and of course the HUGE sounding upright drums to Moe ♥

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJHskPxpy3U

peppergomez
Head held high

Post by peppergomez » 14 Aug 2021 02:08

Great tune 👍👍

Driven Insane
Hangin' 'round

Post by Driven Insane » 18 Aug 2021 23:59

Congratulations, Cam.

This is quality stuff. Interesting and informative content, in a well-presented format. I enjoyed the documentary very much.

Thank you !

camforrester
Hangin' 'round

Post by camforrester » 19 Aug 2021 17:14

Thanks so much my friend! :) So glad you found it enjoyable and interesting!

velvetfan
Head held high

Post by velvetfan » 20 Aug 2021 02:37

I still have not seen the new VU documentary, but this could be called one of the best sources on the VU history in existence! Very nice! How you came up with such a unique angle to share familiar footage and make it seem brand new and not old hat....kudos!

camforrester
Hangin' 'round

Post by camforrester » 20 Aug 2021 21:55

Thanks velvetfan I’m really glad it had a fresh feel to it! I really appreciate your comments on YouTube too; in response to your point on monetising the documentary, I’m a bit stuck with YouTube as since there is so much copyrighted material included, I am not able to monetise the documentary at all - all the revenue from the ads goes straight to the copyright owners unfortunately. I did also think about a getting a batch of limited edition dvds made (I have a really good pressing/packaging company not too far from me)…and I will have a look into the costs.

I would love nothing more than to continue making more content like this (I can think of several more VU-related subjects alone that I would be inclined to cover in similar depth, and that’s before even getting to other artists!), but it really all depends on whether this particular release flies or not - if it takes off, and I can get past 1000 subscribers, I can then apply to the YouTube Partner Programme and potentially start monetising from all my other (original) music videos/songs on the channel, which will then help support me in carrying on…but at this stage, with my current equipment being so old that it’s now a hinderance, and as such incredibly time-consuming and stressful to produce anything (it really was a miracle that this project came out as well as it did…I shan’t bore you with the details, but suffice to say that an 11-year-old MacBook Pro; while commendable for its service, is an absolute nightmare to work with!) I’m not sure if I’ll be able to create any more material for the foreseeable future, or at least until
I can afford to invest in some more up-to-date equipment.
As such, any means of sharing that any of you are able to help with, would really make all the difference! I’m seriously hoping that it gets seen by a famous fan of the band…and of course Moe herself! If it was shared on a scale that would boost my channel’s traffic/subscribers enough to enable me to start earning from YouTube, I would happily quit my day job and do this sort of thing full-time! It’s my passion!
For now, all I can do is hope, wait and see!

Thanks again all!

velvetfan
Head held high

Post by velvetfan » 21 Aug 2021 02:59

Well I shared it to her FB page, and once again, today I mentioned it while wishing her a Happy Birthday. wink wink! I still think it looked very professional, and I'm more impressed knowing the bridges you had to cross. I shared it directly with other friends and I am curious to see how your views and subs climb as word gets out. Pat yourself on the back; job real fucking well done! 8-)

walkonvu
Beginning to see the light

Post by walkonvu » 21 Aug 2021 23:25

For not professional / homemade documentary it’s absolutely fantastic work. A real enthusiasm! It’s great to see drum set + how to play each song. I wouldn’t mind if you do same for complete WL/WH and 3rd LP…

From my point I would just turn down a little background music during talking. English is not my mother tongue and sometimes it’s a little hard to understand to talking when music is load. But it’s only a small technician issue.

Keep rockin’

camforrester
Hangin' 'round

Post by camforrester » 22 Aug 2021 21:09

velvetfan wrote:
21 Aug 2021 02:59
Well I shared it to her FB page, and once again, today I mentioned it while wishing her a Happy Birthday. wink wink! I still think it looked very professional, and I'm more impressed knowing the bridges you had to cross. I shared it directly with other friends and I am curious to see how your views and subs climb as word gets out. Pat yourself on the back; job real fucking well done! 8-)
Amazing…thank you so much for doing that my friend, fingers crossed!

camforrester
Hangin' 'round

Post by camforrester » 22 Aug 2021 21:12

walkonvu wrote:
21 Aug 2021 23:25
For not professional / homemade documentary it’s absolutely fantastic work. A real enthusiasm! It’s great to see drum set + how to play each song. I wouldn’t mind if you do same for complete WL/WH and 3rd LP…

From my point I would just turn down a little background music during talking. English is not my mother tongue and sometimes it’s a little hard to understand to talking when music is load. But it’s only a small technician issue.

Keep rockin’
Thanks very much for the kind words sir, I shall take note regarding the music audio level for my next video. With that said; at some point when I get a chance, I plan to add subtitles to the documentary, so hopefully that will clear things up a little!