my name is LOU ..wanted

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
dixigas
On the wild side

my name is LOU ..wanted

Post by dixigas » 04 Aug 2010 00:16

hi, here is a couple of Lou etc LPs i am still missing , most others i have..anyone can help???$$$ or trade!!!

MY NAME IS LOU
Moose Records

STREET SHUFFLE ON 84TH AVENUE

TOKYO 09071975

nico: open window (not erxact sure about the title right now!)

thanks!!!!!!!!!

velvetfan
Head held high

Re: my name is LOU ..wanted

Post by velvetfan » 04 Aug 2010 02:51

dixigas wrote:hi, here is a couple of Lou etc LPs i am still missing , most others i have..anyone can help???$$$ or trade!!!

MY NAME IS LOU
Moose Records

STREET SHUFFLE ON 84TH AVENUE "The Orange cartoon cover or the other one?"

TOKYO 09071975

nico: open window (not erxact sure about the title right now!)

thanks!!!!!!!!!

dixigas
On the wild side

Post by dixigas » 04 Aug 2010 09:38

I'd prefer the black but hey..i take the orange!!! or actually both ..i have neither!!!

bleach
Head held high

Post by bleach » 04 Aug 2010 18:44

The first two do appear from time to time on the bay and shouldn't be too hard to find. The problem will be the Tokyo LP which could be the hardest to find Lou boot LP. I have never seen a copy or one for sale - if someone here has a copy can you post some decent scans - ta!

dixigas
On the wild side

Post by dixigas » 04 Aug 2010 23:27

always missed em on ebay or whatever..bu swear i seen the toyko LP on their more often then the moose lp!!

MJG196
Born to Lose

Post by MJG196 » 05 Aug 2010 09:50

bleach wrote:The first two do appear from time to time on the bay and shouldn't be too hard to find. The problem will be the Tokyo LP which could be the hardest to find Lou boot LP. I have never seen a copy or one for sale - if someone here has a copy can you post some decent scans - ta!
Ya know, other than the (now missing) thumbnail on Enrique's page, I have NEVER seen a photo/scan of this LP. I have a feeling it doesn't exist on LP. When I get the chance, I'll have to listen to my CD-Rs and see if there is the tell-tale vinyl pops/crackles. Someone on this board once had a lead on a copy and a fistful of dollars later, never received it in the mail.

It is our white whale!
Bargain bin gold, favorite bands, concerts, photos, and my record collection: All Good Music

bleach
Head held high

Post by bleach » 05 Aug 2010 10:44

MJG196 wrote:I have a feeling it doesn't exist on LP.
Thats interesting have never thought it might never exist! But looking at the only low res scan available of the cover it does look slightly thrown together as if it could be a mock up rather than a finished product. The fact that there is no catalogue numbers / production date available (this is available for every other boot LP) makes it more suspicious.

On the other hand I know there are some very rare Japanese boots from the 70s that were pressed in tiny numbers but you would have thought the artwork/details would have turned up over the last 30 or so yrs

dixigas
On the wild side

Post by dixigas » 05 Aug 2010 19:57

hmm.. i seen it on ebay it just went for what..270$ or so...i thought that was a newer boot, just a ridicoulouse small pressing..the art is "too good" to be a real old boot hahah!

bleach
Head held high

Post by bleach » 05 Aug 2010 20:22

hi dixigas - do you have the pics from that Ebay sale or at least the number I and others i'm sure would like to take a lookie -Ta!

threechordwonder
Head held high

Post by threechordwonder » 05 Aug 2010 22:54

I have this album, on vinyl, but it's not for sale.

The cover photo is apparently by Mick Rock. You can see the pores on Lou's skin, it's that detailed.
The back cover is Lou in a chair, elbow on a table, hand to mouth in contemplation, looking into the camera, two Coke bottles on the table, one empty, one full. Expanse of blank wall behind, with radiator to Lou's right. Looks to be from the same era as the front cover, black & white.

The band is listed as
Lou Reed - Vo. Gtr.
Doug Yule - Gtr.
Bruce Yaw - Bs.
Michael Suchorsky - Ds.
Martin Fogel - Sax.
Michael Fonfara - Kbd.

Sleeve is single, not gatefold.

Inner sleeves are transparent polythene.

Disks themselves are plain black vinyl. The labels all say 'REED 09071975'. Then LR-998 Side One, LR-998 Side Two, LR-999 Side One, LR-999 Side Two. The matrix numbers are LR-998A-1, LR-998B-1, LR-999A-1, LR-999B-1.

No production date listed

I probably bought this in Camden or Portobello market, London, early nineties.

I will try scan the covers later. Meanwhile here's a low quality webcam scan of the back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2egU9RADy0

I feel like a fool. Hope someone finds this even slightly interesting. If not, I'll delete.