demand for track 9

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.

Post by Guest » 25 May 2004 15:43

I was thinking of "I heard her call my name, "but it's not solo Lou and I don't know what gospel song it would be..(just has such a gospel inflection..)

alfredovu
Head held high

Post by alfredovu » 25 May 2004 18:28

1. The Raven
2. I Wanna Know
3. I have no idea ....

lostblues
Head held high

Post by lostblues » 25 May 2004 21:08

@RosieLeeUK
It seems that there are various possible answers. Can you please lead us into the right direction?!
I don´t know what you will reply because I don´t know you!

Post by Guest » 26 May 2004 05:36

I just found a review of blue mask that said tha heavenly arms was gospel influenced but I couldn't find any direct mention of any gospel song and now my brain hurts

Rosie Lee UK
Beginning to see the light

Post by Rosie Lee UK » 26 May 2004 06:04

I am Rosie Lee. No one knows me.

You have much trouble and track nine seems very far away indeed! Hint is very easy. Who produced Rock 'N Roll Animal? Hah Hah! this is your hint. You have to work hard for this one. You must connect the dots!

I give second hint for fun: The lyric is not the name of Lou's song.
I give third hint for laughs: Where are your boots, Lou?

I am the Octopussy of Rock and Roll. I am Rosie Lee! These are your only hints. I will not give more. These hints are very good if you know how to approach them. If nobody guesses...I may just disappear forever!!!

Post by Guest » 26 May 2004 10:01

some dots showed this:

Legendary Hearts
Rooftop Garden
Up On The Roof

Am I right?

Ondrej

rnranimal
Head held high

Post by rnranimal » 26 May 2004 14:20

Good job, Ondrej. I think you have it. Your dots match up, but let's see what Rosie Lee says. Btw, you should register (or login if you already are registered). You don't know Rosie Lee and she doesn't like guests.

jimjim
Head held high

Post by jimjim » 26 May 2004 15:21

Erm...unless I'm mistaken, Up On The Roof is no gospel song (its by the Drifters) so perhaps your enthusiasm is a bit misplaced. :?
"If anyone had a heart
They wouldn't turn around & break it
And if anyone played a part
They wouldn't turn around & fake it"
Lou Reed, 'Sweet Jane', 1970

radiofreesimulacrum
On the wild side

Post by radiofreesimulacrum » 26 May 2004 15:44

rock and roll animal was co-produced by steve katz who also co-produced sally can't dance. I would think to look there and see if anything comes to anyone

rnranimal
Head held high

Post by rnranimal » 26 May 2004 15:54

Probably right, Jimjim. I was focusing on the hints and kinda forgot about the original question. Steve Katz produced RnR Animal and I found a link between him and Carole King who co-wrote Up On The Roof. Also, I was picturing Lou being shown on the back cover of Legenday Hearts wearing black shoes (rather than boots) with his biker outfit, but upon checking, I was wrong. His feet aren't shown in any of the biker pics. Guess I got over excited about the links to the hints. But we'll see what Rosie Lee says, maybe it is the song she was thinking of.

About the boots hints. Tom Wilson asked Lou why he's not wearing boots in the Music Factory interview '67. Don't know how that could link up, though.